Monday, December 8, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree!!

Yeah! we have a real tree!!! Last year I was 8 months pregnant and really could care less about a tree. Ben took the girls to get one and when they came home the girls both told me they had gotten a tree but it fell off the roof of the van. I believed them, since both of them had the same story and were very animated - Brynlee was only 2 and I didn't know 2 year olds could tell a lie. Ben had gotten them to tell me how it had fallen off, but the truth was they really hadn't gotten one. So this year I went with them and we really tied a tree to the top of the van and it didn't fall off and it is now beautifully decorating our front room. This year I am not such a scrooge and I love the Christmas tree and all the other decorations. Our family favorite is the Little People's Nativity scene. The kids love playing with it - too cute. These pictures of the tree are mostly for my mom who asked for them. We wish she could come and see it.



6 comments:

ajcurry said...

Hey Guys! Love the tree! We will be in Idaho Dec. 13th-28th. If you guys are around let us know. We would love to see you guys!

The Hammers said...

Your kids are so cute and your tree is great. Happy Holidays!

Christina said...

Glad to see an update. What a beautiful tree. It almost looks like an artificial because it's so full. The kids look so cute too. Are you guys coming to IF for Christmas this year?

Stephanie said...

Love the tree! I love the Christmas joy I see between Autumn and Chaz. Hey we are definitely going to have to come up to your house sometime. Maybe we'll have to buy Ben some noise canceling headphones before we come up.

Kristy said...

Cute tree Holly! I am jelous, we have a dorky little fake one this year. I miss our real ones and the smell they have. Enjoy your christmas!!!!

Anonymous said...

So cute, and look how much your little baby boy has grown! Wow time goes fast.
I am the same way with the lights at Temple Square. I am still trying to talk Cameron into going there for New Years so I get to seem them!!!