Thursday, August 27, 2009

First day of 1st grade

Wow 1st grade is going to be very hard for me to adjust to. Autumn seems to be enjoying spending the whole day at the school. She comes home happy and that is really the most important thing. I am having a harder time than she is. Where is she all day? I feel like I barely get to see her. I must say that having a baby a week before school starts is far from ideal. I didn't get to go with her and Ben to the back to school night and Ben has taken and picked her up all week. I feel so out of the loop. I haven't even met her teacher and I can't picture where she is all day as I haven't seen her classroom. But at least she comes home happy. She can't quite decide which is better - hot or cold lunch. She made a lot of mistakes the first hot lunch she took and was embarrassed, but she is the "only" one in her class who brings their lunch and that was embarrassing too. She doesn't have any girls in her class she knows, her teacher yells more than the kindergarten teacher, and she can only get a drink during recess and doesn't want to have to wait in line. Oh all the things to adjust to and learn. She is handling it all well and hasn't cried yet. What a brave little girl.

1 comments:

lindsy said...

I think I'd be right there with you. I'm not even going to put Matt in preschool this year because I want him home one more year. How are things going with little Jill and the other two during the day??