Sunday, August 10, 2008

Finally she is 5!!

Autumn has been so exctied to be five since her best friend turned five a few months ago. Well, she made it. Now she is so old she even classifies Brynlee and her friends as "the little kids." Well, she had a great day. With a Pirates of the Carribean party, presents, and even a cake. We invited her primary class and some of their siblings that usually come to play too. All the kids got pirate bandanas and pirate gear, they thought it was fabulous. We played a few pirate games and set out on a treasure hunt to a couple of the neighbors. It was a lot of kids, but they all did good and had fun.



Notice how cute of a pirate Brynlee makes. I don't believe she can see anything, but she is posing for that picture.

Autumn was very excited to go swimming at the city pool for the afternoon. Well, Brynlee was exhausted so after her nap we headed out, I noticed one grey cloud in the south sky but didn't have the heart to suggest we wait for another day. So ten minutes after arriving at the pool the cloud was above us and the lightning started. After all that work, I wished I had just made her wait from the start becuase now we'd have to wait anyway. Oh well, hopefully we can go tomorrow. The girls were so crushed, I felt so bad we hadn't gone just after lunch like we had originally thought.


Well she also had cake that night with our family. Yes that is more than five candles, in fact I think it is all 24 in the box. She frosted her own cake and put in her own candles. Her dad told her they would melt before we could sing to her and blow them out and I said oh just put them in. Well, they did melt some were almost completely gone. She thought the wax on the cake looked disgusting and said "Well I should've listened to Dad, not Mom!" That won't happen too often in her life as I am sure I am more knowledgeable than him =)



It was a fun day and now she is officially one of the "older kids."

Just have to add Chaz. He is too cute to forget. He slept through the entire 2 hours of chaos of the party. Thank heavens for a peaceful baby boy!

3 comments:

The Hammers said...

Is her birthday actually today, on the 10th? My Bridger turned 1 today. It was not my happiest of days. I just want him to stay tiny forever. You have cute cute kids. Looks like she had a great birthday!

lindsy said...

love the pirate party. Of course they had a great time! how fun. Chaz is adorable =)

Rebecca said...

Your kids are so cute! Can't wait to see you. We hope you can make it this weekend. Conrad is excited to see the girls.