Monday, August 25, 2008

My baby girl isn't a baby

Like so many of you I too had to send my oldest off to school today. I can't believe what a damper that put on my day. Autumn was thrilled and loved every minute of being a "school girl." Brynlee and I were sad she wasn't at home with us. I hate losing that control of knowing what she is doing every minute of the day. Brynlee really missed having a friend. Autumn's best friend Emma is in her class so they quickly found each other and were ready to start their adventure. I know she is ready to be out doing and learning, I just don't think I am ready. I quess I will just remind myself it is only three hours - at least we aren't into the entire day yet, I definitely could not handle that just yet.

As I side note, Chaz is just starting on solid foods sthe last couple days. Boy does he like his carrots and boy can he make a mess.

3 comments:

lindsy said...

oh man, Matt is only three and I'm already dreading the day he starts school. He would go tomorrow if he could, and he would LOVE it. Have fun with only 2 kids for the 3 hours Autumn is at school!!

Kristy said...

So hard to see them go isn't it? I am sure it is different for Brynlee without Autumn around. She'll be looking for you to entertain her now! I am sure Autumn LOVES kindergarten. Enjoy your few hours:)

Stephanie said...

Yeah for Autumn! I'm glad she loved Kindergarden. I hope all is going well with you and the new house!!!