Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Finally home

July was crazy for us. We had always planned on attending the family reunion at Priest Lake for ten days, and then Garth got engaged and we decided to make a family vacation of that as well so we also spent ten days in the LA area. We had so much fun at Priest Lake, but my camera died so no blog here.


California was a lot of fun. We were able to see Ben's Grandma in Palm Springs area, go to Disneyland, and make it to Garth's wedding. On the freeway just before we got to Ben's Grandmas there are thousands of windmills. My girls loved the windmills. Palm Springs was incredibly hot, but we beat the heat swimming at the hotel. Even Chaz enjoyed the swimming.

Disneyland was of course magical. Our girls were the perfect age, Brynlee came to life with all the cute shows and characters. She was even brave on all the rides. Autumn tried splash mountain once, but didn't want to do it again. When we first got to the park Bryn was obsessed with going on the train and seeing the princesses. So for the first 4 hours at the park we saw the princesses and Ben took them on the train all the way around the park while I fed Chaz. We really had a lot of fun and enjoyed spending our days together with all of us.

LA area was fun. Stephanie, my sister in law, is from there so she took us to a beautiful beach near her Grandmas and fed us the best mexican food you can imagine. Also she helped us have our first In 'N Out Burger experience. Garth's wedding was beautiful, his bride was gorgeous, and his reception was a lot of fun.

Now we are home and working on moving to our new home. I feel like crying at the task, but excited to have our own home. Here are a few pictures from our California excursion.






4 comments:

The Hammers said...

I wondered where you had gone. I'm jealous about Disneyland. How fun for your girls! Glad you're home. Be sure to post pictures of your new house!

Christina said...

Oh- I so wish I could take my girls to Disneyland. They would just LOVE it!! It looks like you had a ton of fun. New house? Are you just finding something different there or moving to a new area? BTW- cute pictures of you all!

Kristy said...

Holly! Nice to see you back on the blog! YOur July sounds busy but fun. I bet you just loved Disney Land with your girls, what a perfect age to take them at.

Anonymous said...

I wish we could have gotten together at Disneyland!! We have year passes!! It sounds like you had a blast. :) Magical is definitely the right word!